A Casual Worship Service Leader is wanted to lead the casual worship service at Brook Hill United Methodist Church, located at 8946 Indian Springs Road, Frederick, Maryland 21702. This is a paid position estimated to be 6–8 hours per week.
The Casual Worship Service Leader is a spiritual and organizational leader who oversees the music worship of our casual worship service at Brook Hill United Methodist Church (UMC).
- Assemble a cohesive praise band with the core focus of leading the congregation in worship
- Schedule/organize band members, multimedia slide presentation creators and operators, sound personnel, and lighting personnel
- Assemble worship music to lead the congregation in worship and help support the preaching message for the week
- Organize setup of the equipment for Sunday morning
- Effectively lead worship in a contemporary style that compliments the casual worship service
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- Experience in leading worship, vocalists, and musicians.
- Possess a sense of calling to serve in this kind of ministry role and an ability to clearly articulate that calling to others.
- Proven track record of success as a team builder.
- Proficiency in the ability to lead while playing.
- Experience as a leader and recruiter of volunteers.
- Experience in leading worship that transcends modern, contemporary, and traditional genres.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, and video projection.
- Must have strong vocal skills.
- Heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading worship.
- Ability to work with chord charts, sheet music, and guitar tabs.
- Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed.
- Commitment to ongoing personal and professional growth.
- Fully support the mission, vision, and worship philosophy of Brook Hill UMC.
- Must have a teachable heart.
The Worship Leader reports to the Senior Pastor and indirectly to the Staff–Parish Relations Committee.
How to Apply
If interested, please e-mail your resume to BrookHill@bhumc.org.